If you are looking for a yummy treat with great flavors, try making these Banana Nut Bread Muffins. They are my go to, after school snack for the kids. I can pack them with healthy nuts and reduce the amount of sugar by adding bananas and removing the white sugars. Its a fun little recipe with no frosting needed!! Yum!
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick salted butter (1/2 cup), melted
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Once you have gathered all your ingredients, you are ready to start making these mouthwatering Banana Nut Bread Muffins!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- First, Whisk flours, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon together in a large mixing bowl. (I have included an affiliate link*, for your convenience, I LOVE these mixing bowls because they are wide but compact and they are made of glass. You will love them!)
- Next, Melt butter.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Mix in butter, both sugars, milk, egg and vanilla. Stir until combined well.
- Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until just combined – do not over mix.
- Fold in half the walnuts.
- Spoon batter evenly into 12 greased or paper lined muffin pan. (* I have included a link to my favorite muffin pan, these are awesome).
- Sprinkle remainder of walnuts over top of muffins.
- Bake for about 22 – 26 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Finally, let muffins rest in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
*I only recommend products that I use and love. My opinions are 100% my own. When you make a purchase using my links, I make a little money (yay!!) at no additional cost to you!! Win Win!!
This Banana Nut Bread muffins recipe is a staple around here, especially for after school snacks. These muffins are also perfect to take to play dates! Bake them this summer, before heading out to hang out with friends and see how they will devoured! They will be a hit!