Mini Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Its 9 am on a beautiful summer morning; the kids are watching cartoons, asking for breakfast. I have just finished my morning coffee and somehow, I still.feel. tired! Can you relate? I want my kids to have a balanced and nutritious breakfast. You know, one that covers the 4 foods groups perfectly…ha! Who am I kidding? Who has time for that?! Not you! Not me! ……..so…here is a great solution to our little problem….
Today’s survival tip is: Make ahead, Mini Chocolate Chip Pancakes, that can be frozen and re-heated in the microwave for breakfast.
Check out the recipe below and be sure to check out other awesome tips, for parents like you and me, to survive summer (and not just survive, but actually thrive and enjoy summer…with the kids) I call it #mommysummersurvival
This awesome recipe, beats the frozen boxed stuff because it has added goodness. I came up with this recipe by using what I already had in the pantry (a box of Pancake mix) and adding some ingredients that elevated the box stuff, making the pancakes, a little more “healthy”! We don’t have a gluten allergy, so use what works for your family…and if you have the time, you could also make the pancake mix from scratch. Here is what I used:
- 1.5 cups of Krusteaz mix
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of milk (approx.)
- 1 Tbls chia seeds
- 1 Tbls flaxseeds
- 1 Tsp. of vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbls. coconut oil
- 1 large mixing bowl
- frying pan
- metal spatula
- small ice cream scoop
- mix all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, using your whisk.
- place a frying pan on medium- heat, and add coconut oil
- scoop out the mixture into your frying pan, making sure you space them out.
- add chocolate chips
- wait for pancake mix to bubble, creating small “craters”
- flip pancakes
- serve once they are ready
#survival tip #1:
- Use all of the mixture and make mini pancakes.
- Allow them to cool and place the pancakes in a freezer ziplock bag and store in freezer.
- re-heat in microwave for breakfast the rest of the week.
#survival tip #2:
- Store leftover mixture in the fridge (in an air tight container)
- Next morning, stir mixture.
- Use to make Mini Blueberry Pancakes.
They are mouthwatering! Go ahead, give them a try!