r e c i p e
COQUITO RUM CUPCAKES
HERE IS A DELICIOUS & A MUST MAKE
CUPCAKE RECIPE, THAT IS INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS!
TRY MAKING THESE RUM INFUSED, COCONUT & VANILLA CUPCAKES;
TODAY. THEY ARE THE PERFECT LITTLE SWEET TREAT.
WE HOPE YOU LOVE THEM!
It’s almost New Year’s Eve Eve and I can’t wait! You read correctly, it’s not a typo, the Eve of New Year’s Eve. We have started a new tradition of celebrating the eve of New Year’s Eve with some of our favorite couples. Most of our friends have little ones, family, and a lot going on during the holidays and we don’t get to see each other as often as we like. In light of that, we have started a couple of new traditions so that we can purposely get our families together during the holiday break.
The first tradition, is getting all the kids together for a Christmas Cookie Decorating Party.
The second tradition we started, is a couple’s New Year’s Eve Eve Party. We sent out invites, got babysitters and hung out the night before New Year’s eve. It’s an adults-only evening of laughter, fun & a little karaoke too (no musical talent required & we actually prefer it that way)! Everyone brings a yummy appetizer or a sweet treat to share; we provide the drinks and we all hang out until the midnight countdown !!!!
For this special occasion, I love to making Coquito Rum Cupcakes, it’s my way of bringing a little bit of my Puerto Rican heritage into this special occasion. Which brings us to the part ya’ll (that’s my new favorite word to use now) all have been waiting for….the Coquito Rum Cupcake recipe:
a little taste of
PUERTO RICAN FLAVORS
Coconut Rum Cake mix:
2 cups all purpose flour
2½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1½ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
a pinch of Cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/8 cup rum
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
3 Tbs. rum
3 Tbs. coconut milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Pour all ingredients for the Coquito Mix in a blender, mix and refrigerate for at least an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. Whisk flour, baking power and salt
4. Cream butter with electric mixer until softened (about 30 seconds)
5. Add sugar and vanilla, beat until fluffy, scraping down side if needed
6. Beat in eggs one at a time
7. Alternate flour mixture and Coquito mix and continue beating with mixer on medium low speed
8. Pour into 12 cupcake liners
9. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes depending on oven.
10. Cool cupcakes and poke a few holes and spoon a little extra rum to soak in to each one
11. Make frosting while cupcakes are cooling down
12. Once cupcakes are completely cooled, Top the cupcakes with rum butter cream frosting
Coquito Rum Cupcakes
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch a Pinch of Cinnamon
- 2 large 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Coquito
- 1/8 cup Rum
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 16 onz 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. 3 Tbs. rum3 Tbs. rum
- 3 Tbsp Coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pour all ingredients for the Coquito Mix in a blender, mix and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Whisk flour, baking power and salt
Cream butter with electric mixer until softened (about 30 seconds)
Add sugar and vanilla, beat until fluffy, scraping down side if needed.
Beat in eggs one at a time.
Alternate flour mixture and Coquito mix and continue beating with mixer on medium low speed.
Pour into 12 cupcake liners.
Bake for 14 to 18 minutes depending on oven.
Cool cupcakes and poke a few holes and spoon a little extra rum to soak in to each one.
Make frosting while cupcakes are cooling down
Once cupcakes are completely cooled, Top the cupcakes with rum butter cream frosting1. Pour all ingredients for the Coquito Mix in a blender, mix and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Hello friend! I am Melissa…a Caribbean girl now living in Austin,Texas. A beach lover living in the middle of hill country; I write about what inspires me to balance a life as a mother, wife, DIYer, traveler, hostess and homemaker.
SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTER:
BE AN INSIDER
AFFILIATE & SPONSORS: