a simple recipe to sweeten mocktails and cokctails.
I want to share with you this easy to make, simple syrup recipe using honey. Its a great way to sweeten your drinks without using refined sugars or other artificial sweeteners. I came up with this recipe while I was making mocktails for a ladies night at my house. In light of different dietary needs, a lot of the women were not consuming white granulated sugar -which at the time, was the only way I knew how to make simple syrup. Surprisingly, honey was the one sweetener we all could have…in moderation of course! So that was how I began re-inventing my take on the honey simple syrup. It evolved from that. Now I have been adding other fresh, organic ingredients to elevate it. Today I am sharing my Basil, Lemon & honey simple syrup. Enjoy!
BASIL, LEMON & HONEY SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 Lemons
- 1/4 cup Basil
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 Pot
- 1 Wooden Spoon
- 1 knife
1. Start by adding the water into a pot.
2. Next, add the honey.
3. Then, squeeze the juice of one lemon and add into the pot.
4. Finally add the basil.
5. Mix all of the ingredients gently, to make sure that the honey dissolves and the flavors all incorporate.
6. Allow mixture to simmer for about 3 minutes in medium heat.
7. Turn off heat and allow syrup to cool.
8. Once the syrup has cooled, strain it and pour it into a serving container. enjoy!