If you are looking for a delicious, one pot dinner recipe, then look no further. You will love this easy to make, one pot recipe. I love easy recipes where I don’t have to plan ahead and defrost the meat. Plus I only have to clean one pot! Oh! its just so good all around. Okay, no more chit chat, here is the recipe!
Once you have gathered all your ingredients, you are ready to start making this mouthwatering soup!
Delicious Chicken Tortilla Soup Instapot Recipe
- 1 Whole Organic Chicken frozen
- 3 TBSP Goya Adobo season by sprinkling both sides
- 1 TBSP Cumin dried herb
- 1 TBSP Chili Powder dried herb
- 1 TBSP Italian Seasoning dried herb
- 1 Tsp Tricolor Peppercorns
- 1/4 bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 medium Organic Green Bell Pepper sliced
- 1/4 medium Organic Yellow Onion sliced
- 1 clove Fresh Garlic smashed
- 1 Medium Jalapeno ( remove half the core and seeds)
- 5 TBSP Goya Tomato Sauce try this particular brand
- 1 Can Black Beans drained
- 1 Can Canned Corn
- 5 TBSP Sofrito (very important to the recipe, see the end of the post)
- 1 Cup Water
Add the frozen whole Chicken to the Instapot
Season the chicken by sprinkling Abodo Goya on the entire frozen chicken.
Add 1 TBSP of Cumin, 1 TBSP of Chilli Powder, 1 TBSP of Italian Seasoning.
Add 1 Tsp of Tricolor Peppercorn
Next, add the fresh Cilantro, fresh Green Bell Pepper, the Onion and the Jalapeño pepper
Add the tomato sauce
Add 1 Cup of Water
Finally add the sofrito.
Cook in the soup setting on your instapot for about 4 hours and 15 minutes ( 250 )
Once fully cooked, remove the skin of the chicken from the pot.
It's ready to serve and enjoy! Garnish with cilantro, cheese and tortilla chips!
- Medium Spanish onion
- 5 cubanelle peppers, seeded ( if you can’t find this use 1 large green bell pepper)
- 15 garlic cloves, peeled
- Bunch of cilantro
- 8 ajiles dulces (sweet chili peppers)
- 5 leaves of culantro
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded
Add ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.